The moment when you and your partner decide to have more members in the family marks the beginning of an exciting and unforgettable journey of pregnancy, and both of you need to be fully prepared for this journey.
For women planning to become pregnant:
You probably need a good period of time to let your body absorb a sufficient level of nutrients to meet the needs for yourself and your baby. Although you may want to absorb nutrients solely through your regular diet, in reality, it will be hard to obtain sufficient intake of the quantity of nutrients required. As such, it is recommended that you take Elevit® Pronatal Formula on a daily basis to help make sure the baby can have a sufficient intake of nutrients in the first few weeks.1
For women up to 12 weeks of pregnancy:
During your pregnancy, the recommended intake for certain nutrients may increase by 150%2. Although you may want to absorb nutrients solely through your regular diet, in reality, it will be hard to obtain a sufficient intake of the quantity of nutrients required.
Take Elevit® Pronatal Formula, and the recommended intake of folic acid will help healthy development of you and your baby, and prepare you both for a great start.
“USA Patented Metafolin®” folic acid:
Research studies have shown that due to their genetic properties3 some Asian women may not be able to convert folic acid from food into the folic acid that the human body can make use of.4 This is why Elevit formulated “USA Patented Metafolin®” folic acid to add to regular folic acid so that it can be readily absorbed by the human body, thus effectively meeting the additional nutritional needs of expectant mothers.5
Elevit® Pronatal Formula contains the following vitamins and minerals:
Each tablet contains
|Product Ingredient||Content per tablet|
|Vitamin A||770μg RE|
|Vitamin E||10mg α-TE|
- As Pteroylmonoglutamic acid
- As Metafolin®
Directions for use:
One tablet per day. No other additional Elevit® product is necessary.
- A comprehensive and balanced diet and lifestyle are very important for you. This product is not a replacement for such a diet.
- 1. Czeizel (2004) Int J Med Sci 1(1) 50-61
- 2. Otten JJ, Hellwig JP, Meyers LD. (2006) Dietary Reference Intakes The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements (p532-535) Washington D.C.,: National Academy of Sciences.
- 3. Botto LD, Yang Q. Am J Epidemiol 2000;151:862–877
- 4. Lamers et al. Red blood cell folate concentrations increase more after supplementation with [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolate than with folic acid in women of childbearing age. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;84:156–61.
- 5. Daly SF, et.al. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1999; 106: 1214-1218
- 6. Bayer Elevit® Pronatal Product Packaging
- *Elevit is the #1 global Prenatal Multivitamin brand in value terms. Source: Internal calculations by Bayer based on IMS data via IQVIA: MIDAS MAT Q4/2017 and IQVIA OTCims MAT Q4/2017 - UNITS, EUR/PUB, LEU/PUB